Tuesday, February 7, 2012

May the Force Be With You.....


It's interesting the things you can learn from a child. This short and popular commercial echoes a lot of important themes and lessons that I think many people can take to heart. It's not a coincidence that Jesus said "I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven." ( Matthew 18:3). What is it that is special about children? Really think about that, and what are the characteristics that a child possesses that you think we should? There is also the verse that says "When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me." (1 Corinthians 13:11) It seems a bit confusing doesn't it, but I think there is a real difference between being childish and childlike. What are your thoughts after watching this and comparing the verses?

2 comments:

  1. Ah, I just posted a long comment and my internet messed up and it didn't post...blah blah blah...

    I basically said that you nailed it on the head when you said that there is a difference between being childlike and childish.

    I feel that being childlike is being full of love, courage, faith, and forgiveness! Those are positive qualities that we see in God/Jesus throughout the Bible and we should try to harness those characteristics in our own lives.

    Being childish to me would be like throwing tantrums when you don't get your way, being afraid of the dark or things "bigger" than you, being mean or not willing to share...things like that, that would get in the way of our relationship with God and that would keep us from being like God.

    Hope some of that makes sense...great post guy and great commercial!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete