Thursday, May 24, 2012

God's Property.....



I was rollin' around, in my mind it occurred/
What if God was a her?/
Would I treat her the same? Would I still be runnin' game on her?/
In what type of ways would I want her?/
Would I want her for her mind or her heavenly body?/
Couldn't be out gettin' bogus with someone so godly/
If I was wit' her would I still be wantin' my ex?/
The lies, the greed, the weed, the sex/
Wouldn't be ashamed to give her part of my check/
Wearin' her cross, I mean the heart on my neck/
Her I would reflect on the streets of the Chi'/
Ride wit' her, 'cause I know for me she'd die/
Through good and bad call on her like I'm chirpin' her/
Couldn't be jealous 'cause other brothers worship her/
Walk this earth for her, glory, I'm grateful/
To be in her presence I try to stay faithful/

Common-Faithful

"A psalm of David. The earth is the LORD's, and everything in it. The world and all its people belong to him." Psalms 24 :1

I heard this song and I really appreciated the metaphor he used in the lyrics. It was looking at dating relationships from more of an eternal perspective, particularly  on how a guy would treat and interact with a girl if she had a not so average background. I listen to this and it intrigues me, because as  men, usually when we approach a girl we usually have an idea of how we see this interaction proceeding, especially depending on the setting we are in when we do. We also have a tendency to categorize girls as we date them, which can be a little dangerous because this train of thought can also dictate how we treat them. " Oh man, she's a good girl. I can't treat her like that" or " Yeah I'm talking to her, but I don't really like her, I'm just gonna keep it going until something better comes
along." Those are statements common in conversation among both men and women. I don't want to just get on guys because girls definitely do this too, but as the scripture says "..The world and all its people belong to him." That's something to keep in mind when we interact with people. In the above song what he was saying was pretty true, at least with regards to his thinking. People are God's property and you really should reflect on that. I am pretty sure he wouldn't be too happy if you misused and abused anything that belonged him. "So if you have not been trustworthy in handling worldly wealth, who will trust you with true riches?And if you have not been trustworthy with someone else's property, who will give you property of your own?" Luke 16:11-12
I would challenge you and me both to take this mindset into all  of our relationships, and if there are any we may be abusing to stop, tell God we're sorry, and don't do it again. the beautiful thing about God is he wants to forget your sin quicker than you do. "I, even I, am he who blots out  your transgressions, for my own sake, and remembers your sins no more." Isaiah 43: 25

1 comment:

  1. bought time you wrote somethin brotha! hope you're doing well.

    ReplyDelete